Sunday, May 16, 2010

I'm back! done with school


Hello again blogging world, it has been too long since I posted. I am now back, at least for awhile since I am out of school. Plus I need to continue my writing even though this won't be edited to perfection!
As for me I have just finished my first full year at Cal State Northridge. To say my second semester was great, well it would be a lie. Don't get me wrong it wasn't a totally disaster, and the good parts weigh out the bad, but there was something that didn't sit well with me.
Bad part- My college life I have met some great, smart, mature people and I have grown around them. This semester unfortunately I felt at times I was back in high school. It was the most uncomfortable/annoying thing I've had to face in such a long time and it almost ruined my college experience. To think that people can still act immature, be jealous, and plainly rude is sad. This was the worst part, to feel that I didn't belong in a place that was suppose to be like family and enjoyable. The workload wasn't great either, I'm disappointed in myself for not doing better in my classes, but hopefully this was a learning experience that I can get over and work on.
The good part- This was my first semester on the Daily Sundial (the newspaper on campus) It was a lot of work and times I did complain to my editor, but his patients with me and help made me a better writer. I covered a beat that I never thought I do, which was water polo and it was great and I enjoyed the experience. I met a few great people during my time on the paper and I'm happy to say I will be working with some them again next semester. My advisor as well as editor asked me back to be assistant sports editor. I don't know how well I will do and I know it is going to be a lot of work, but with the friends I made, I know we will help each other out. My friend/editor has been very helpful and encouraging even though he takes no credit in helping me be better, but he has.
I also have been interning at Fox Sports Net/Prime Ticket as a production intern and it has been great. I have learned how games and sports segments get on television. It is amazing how quickly all these people work and get exciting footage of games on TV.
I am back and now it is time for the Lakers run for another championship and the Dodgers to try and get farther into the post season.

No comments:

Post a Comment